Monday, June 7, 2010

Fragina

Tragedy

I admit it. I am done feeling guilty about it. It makes me feel good. It makes me happy and more confident... I go tanning. Not under any kind of regular circumstances. Just enough so that I have a "glow" to my skin. And I know a bad tan when I see one, I make sure I never get close to that. Neon orange does nothing for me.
Almost all of the time I go in a bathing suit to maintain appearances (aka tan lines). On this particular day that I felt the need to go tanning, I forgot my bathing suit. I was desperate for my sunless-fix. I needed to get in the tanning bed. I found a compromise. I would just tan naked. I know a lot of other girls who do it, so I couldn't imagine running into a problem. I then tan for eight minutes. These eight minutes were some of the most influential minutes of my life. I get out of the bed and go home and moisturize, like any good tanner would.
The next morning I think I am going to have a regular day. So I start with a warm shower. TERRIBLE IDEA. The area that I will call my "fragina" which is the front of my girl parts is scalding. Scorching. Sizzling. I borderline expect it to be smoking. It is burned to a crisp. This skin that has never seen the light of day has just taken a trip to the sun. I maneuver around in the shower to avoid any water touching my fragina again. Finishing up, I towel off and inspect the victim. She's tomato-red. Not only tomato-red but crisp. The same way your back or shoulders burn, the skin was being stretched when I moved.
I had no choice but to try to go on and continue with my "regular" day. I wore the softest underwear I could and had to deal with the stretching and crispy feeling. This continued on for about three days. Every day getting better, but still a burden.
I thought the worst part was over when the pain finally subsided. The torture was just beginning.
All bad burns heal the same way... By pealing and renewing the skin. I am sure at some point in your life you have burned your back or shoulders before, the process is never pretty...
Eventually, like all other burns, the skin ran its course and eventually stopped pealing. And even turned into a very tan fragina!

2 comments: